Military and Veteran Benefits
Yuma Truck Driving School is accepting GI Bill educational benefits. Training will be at our Yuma training location at 3180 E. 32nd Street, Yuma, AZ 85365.
Qualified veterans can now use the GI Bill to obtain the necessary qualifications and certifications for quality and stable employment opportunities in the transportation industry.
GI Bill Educational Benefits
- Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
Qualified veterans can collect a monthly subsistence payment. Eligibility lasts for 10 years after separation.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
Qualified veterans can receive up to $18,077.50 in tuition assistance annually (Aug 1 – July 31). Eligibility lasts for 15 years after separation. May be transferred to spouse or children if veteran meets specific requirements.
- GI Bill benefits provide living expenses directly to the veteran while in school.
Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- You may be qualified if you were injured while in the military
Guard and Reserve Members
- You may be eligible for the GI Bill
- You may qualify for state military educational benefits
Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Spouses and dependent children ages 18-26 of deceased or 100% disabled veterans are eligible for educational assistance if the veteran’s death or disability was service connected.
Spouses of Active Duty Personnel
- MyCAA (Military Spouse Program)
- Eligible military spouses may receive up to $4,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) that can help them pursue education, training, licenses, certificates, and degrees leading to employment.
- More detailed information can be found here: https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/
Yuma Truck Driving School’s Veteran Drive Program Highlights
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with all endorsements (Hazardous Materials, Doubles/Triples, Tank, and Passenger)
- Driver refresher courses
- Nationally recognized truck driver training
- Letters of pre-hire from employers, if desired
- Hands-on, over-the-road training and instruction
- Flexible day, evening, and weekend training schedules from 4 – 15 weeks depending on student availability
- Classes start bi-weekly (usually every other Monday)
- Available paid on-the-job training/externship for those who qualify
- Individualized student support including lifetime nationwide job placement assistance
Want to learn more? Call (888) 647-3239 to speak to an Admissions Representative or use the form below.